Job Title: Boat Leader/Fit Out Joiner
Work Place: 1 Prospect Road, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 7AD
Line Manager: Team Leader
Main Purpose of Job:
To install boat structure, furniture and lining panels using various methods, to a high standard/ quality, and on time.
Seaward manufacture high quality motor yachts the UK. The company operates to clear standards and timeframes in delivery.
The company recognises the importance of health and safety and cleanliness of the working environment.
Functional links with:
Directors of the Company, Managers, Project Managers, Works Operatives,
Duties and Responsibilities.
- To work as part of a team to build Seaward Boat models to a high standard.
- To ensure the quality of fit meets with the company expectation of right first time.
- To identify any issues during the build process which might compromise the quality.
- Work closely with the Team Leaders to ensure the parts are fitted in accordance with the build schedule.
- Observe a strict 5s policy within your working area, ensuring it is always kept clean and tidy, and material stored in a structured way.
- To help keep all working within the workshop clean and tidy and well-organised, and free from obstruction.
- To assist any of the tradespersons with general tasks as and when required and work as a Team.
- To always work in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this.
- To always work in accordance with the policies.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, within the general scope of the work required and as directed by management.
Knowledge skills and Abilities
- Must be trained or have experience in all aspects of the construction of a boat both GRP and wood.
- Must have an eye for quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential.
- Ready to give instruction.
- Motivated and enthusiastic, keen to contribute and to make a difference.
- The ability to communicate new ideas for improvement.
- Car Driving licence
This job description may be subject to change, in consultation with the post holder, in response to new circumstances.