Job Title: GRP Laminator
Work Base: 1 Prospect Road, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 7AD
(Note: The Company Office location may change from time to time.)
Line Manager: Team Leader
Main Purpose of Job:
To prepare mould tools and apply gel coat and fibre glass, (Composite) matt to manufacture hulls, decks, and small moulding components, to a high standard of quality, and on time.
Seaward manufacture high quality motor yachts in the UK.
The company operates to clear standards and timeframes on delivery.
The company recognises the importance of health and safety and cleanliness of the working environment.
Functional links with:
Directors of the Company, Managers, Project Managers, Works Operatives,
Duties and Responsibilities.
- To work as part of a team, and on own initiative to prepare and lay-up hulls decks and small mouldings to form a Seaward boat.
- Apply the composite layup in accordance with specification, observing preparation, application, and drying procedures.
- To ensure the quality of the composite lay-up meets with the company expectation of right first time.
- To identify any issues during the laying up process which might compromise the quality.
- Work closely with the Team Leader to ensure the parts are manufactured in accordance with the build schedule.
- Observe a strict 5s policy within your working area, ensuring it is always kept clean and tidy, and material stored in a structured way.
- To help keep all working within the workshop clean and tidy and well-organised, and free from obstruction.
- To assist any of the tradespersons with general tasks as and when required and work as a team.
- To always work in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this.
- To always work in accordance with the policies.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required.
Knowledge skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will be from a marine laminating background
- Must have an eye for quality.
- Car Driving licence
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential but must be able to work on their own and under their own initiative.
- Ready to take instruction.
- Motivated and enthusiastic, keen to contribute and to make a difference.
- The ability to communicate new ideas for improvement.
This job description may be subject to change, in consultation with the post holder, in response to new circumstances.