Job Title: Mechanical/Electrical Systems Fitter
Work Base: The Boat Development Co Site
Line Manager: Team Leader
Main Purpose of Job:
To install mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems to a high standard and on time into Seawards production boat models.
Seaward boats are manufactured to a high quality to go anywhere by sea. The company operates to clear standards and timeframes on delivery.
The company recognises the importance of health and safety and cleanliness of the working environment.
Functional links with:
Directors of the Company, Managers, Project Managers Works Operatives,
Duties and Responsibilities.
- To work as part of a team to install mechanical/electrical equipment e.g., steering/manoeuvring, Pumps, Heating/Air con systems and to run pipework for services plumbing into all production models.
- Test and commission all equipment to ensure it is operating to a high standard on the boat’s completion.
- To ensure the quality of fit meets with the company expectation of right first time.
- To identify any issues during the build process which might compromise the quality.
- Work closely with the Team Leader to ensure the parts are fitted in accordance with manufacturers requirements and to the build schedule.
- Observe a strict 5s policy within your working area, ensuring it is always kept clean and tidy, and material stored in a structured way.
- Help to keep all areas where you are working within the workshop clean and tidy and well-organised, and free from obstruction.
- To assist any of the tradespersons with general tasks as and when required and work as a team.
- To always work in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to follow all company procedures and guidelines which assist this.
- To always work in accordance with the policies.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, within the general scope of the work required and as directed by management.
Knowledge skills and Abilities
- Experienced in Mechanical/Electrical systems, in a boat building environment.
- Must have an eye for quality.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team is essential.
- Ready to be proactive with instructions.
- Motivated and enthusiastic, keen to contribute and to make a difference.
- The ability to communicate new ideas for improvement.
- Car Driving licence
This job description may be subject to change, in consultation with the post holder, in response to new circumstances.